Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Most interesting Duck in the world

Heres yet another contest I really thought I was gna win on 99designs. Eh, at least I got more work to show and I learned a lot. I was to design a mascot for Venice Duck Micro Brewery that was as suave as George Clooney and as intimidating as ..Clint Eastwood.. in that movie. I forget, but anyhow, these are the sketches I came up with.

So I went straight into photoshop and tried to get that really graphic slightly gradient look I'm most comfortable with. I tried to keep that semi-casual look in both designs


So apparently the Brewery was located in Venice Beach California. Understandably he asked to see the character in more summery clothing. I was actually surprised to even get a reply since I was told at first they wanted a duck body as well. It was "the other owner" of the business who had said that and the other really liked the design. So I drew him surfing down the famous Venice Canals with shades and a hat. Yes, he's that confident he won't loose balance. I bet he still has his phone on him too. Also, I designed him on a product label since that was in the title of the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment