Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Detective Children's book illustration


Ok, this is a big one. A lot of sketches so I'm gna condense it. It was another illustration for a 99designs contest. First, I was to illustrate an older goofy Jewish detective and his trusty smart bull dog. I actually did it very different this time. Was in a bit of a rush. I first made some fairly clean sketches.

Was a bit more experimental. I was trying to get a more textured and homey feel. Since it was for a children's book.

































Then I was to create a "Stereotypical Older Jewish lady" and a thief trying to get her purse. I tried to make these sketches a little bit cleaner and then cleaned them some more in Photoshop. I got a little bit excited and more comfortable with the style ..I may have went a little overboard with the texture. Just a little.





No comments:

Post a Comment